Shop Leader - Night Shift
|Title:||Shop Leader - Night Shift|
Effectively lead and coordinate all day-to-day equipment maintenance activities in both shop and field environments. Generally manage the shop business to ensure that company equipment is maintained, repaired and utilized as cost effectively as possible, continually stressing teamwork at all levels. This hourly, non-exempt position works with indirect supervision from the Shop Superintendent.
* Prioritize, plan and schedule all maintenance tasks for field or shop operations; make decisions with aid from other Leaders, utilizing all available information.
* Report shift activities and status of projects to Shop Superintendent on a daily basis.
* Ensure all parts room procedures are followed if parts room is unattended.
* Assess skills and abilities of staff through daily input to fully and efficiently maximize their contributions to the team.
* Assist in training of new staff.
* Provide leadership, guidance and encouragement in the shop environment to assist in the continual professional growth of each team member.
* Conduct weekly safety meetings; ensure the safety of all work being performed.
* Ensure GOH meets all governmental guidelines for inspection station records and tools, hazardous waste, air compressor certification, fire extinguishers, etc.
* Ensure all company policies, safety regulations and good housekeeping guidelines are observed.
* Proactively communicate with Leaders and Equipment Operators concerning equipment and job-related projects.
* Ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the shop.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week. Occasionally work alternate hours including day shift, Saturdays, and Sundays.
* Occasional out of town travel required.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Heavy equipment.
* Mechanical concepts and procedures.
* Basic computers and common commercial software.
* Maintenance and repair of diesel/heavy equipment.
* Learn, follow, and enforce GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Delegate tasks and responsibilities.
* Work under indirect supervision.
* Must have strong analytical abilities and organizational skills.
* Must have strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Prefer additional training such as two years of college and/or graduation from a technical school.
* Requires either a minimum of five years experience in heavy equipment/diesel repair and maintenance or previous leadership experience in a maintenance environment.
* Ability to work in shop or field environments with exposure to dust, welding fumes, exhaust vapors, noise, confined spaces, and inclement weather conditions.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to work with fuel and other petroleum products.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb on and off equipment safely.
* Ability to bend, kneel, or squat to reach repair areas.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.