Prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of medium to large size and complexity either directly or through subordinate personnel. This salaried, exempt position will work independently with minimal supervision.
* Complete accurate and concise estimates of required labor, equipment and materials needed to complete project.
* Review and incorporate historical data (purchase orders, quotations, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) into estimates.
* Review proposal specifications, drawings, project site, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
* Use computer-based software (Agtek, Insite) to take off quantities, field measurements, or obtain information from the plan, proposal and cross sections to accurately calculate various statistical data in a timely manner.
* Proactively communicate with Owner, Sales Representative, Senior Estimator, Project Administrator, Project Manager, Superintendent, Cost Accountant and other internal departments concerning project.
* Responsible for the coordination and administration of projects upon completion of sale or low bid including maintaining files of working documents.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
* Civil engineering and construction principles.
* Project management principles, practices and methods.
* Common commercial and estimating software.
* Contract administration.
* Progress payments, change orders, and claims.
* Principles of administration, leadership, supervision and training.
* Bid a project from beginning to end including takeoffs, detailed estimate setup, entry and analysis of material and subcontracting pricing.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Read and interpret schematics, specifications and plans.
* Prepare reports, business correspondence, and documents.
* Plan, organize and direct the work of others.
* Use a computer and related office equipment.
* Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a closely related field is required.
* A minimum of five years of combined experience in estimating and construction including excavation, paving, underground utility, site development and heavy highway projects.
* Basic Management
* Drug Free Workplace
* Frequently required to sit in and operate a vehicle for sustained periods of time.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to use office equipment such as computers, copiers, telephones, etc.
* Ability to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications