Perform a variety of manual labor tasks to prepare excavations for concrete structures. Assist carpenters in building, installing, bracing and stripping concrete forms and placing and finishing structure concrete. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct supervision.
* Prepare excavations for concrete by placing and compacting backfill materials.
* Assist carpenter in building wooden forms.
* Set, brace, and strip wood and steel forms.
* Place and finish concrete.
* Drill holes for and position reinforcing rods.
* Ensure safe working environment.
* Travel and arrive for starting time to various jobsite locations.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Use, maintenance, and safe operation of hand and power tools to build formwork.
* Materials used to construct forms.
* Assembly and bracing of modular form systems such as EFCO, SYMONS and PERRI.
* Building form components on site to construct structure components including footings, columns, pier caps, deck overhang and parapets.
* Setting up and operating mechanized finishing equipment such as GOMACO and BIDWELL.
* All methods of pouring concrete including placement by truck, crane & bucket, conveyor and pump.
* Layout and placement of reinforcing rods.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Learn to read grades.
* Anticipate what is needed next and have it ready.
* Work with direct supervision.
* Must have own basic set of hand tools.
* Must have basic math skills.
* Prefer valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a structure concrete laborer or similar experience is preferred.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently.
* Ability to bend, sit, stoop, and stand for long periods of time in the outdoor weather.
* Ability to be exposed to concrete dust, curing compound, and form oil on a daily basis.
* Ability to work in field environments with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, vibrations and a variety of petroleum products.
* Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to work comfortably and safely at heights on all types of structures.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.