|Location:||State College (PA)|
Manage and/or administer various HR related processes including, but not limited to: employee relations, recruiting, policy administration and employee relations, leaves of absence etc. Responsible for employment cycle processes. Perform internal HR consulting for management and employees. This position will work under the supervision of senior HR staff.
* Interpret, explain, and administer HR policies, procedures, laws, standards, and regulations, providing appropriate advice, guidance, and recommendations to leaders and employees to maintain a productive work environment
* Address minor employee relations issues, such as work complaints or other employee concerns. Refer major employee relations issues, such as, but not limited to, harassment or other alleged illegal activity, to senior HR staff.
* Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, as well as other relevant federal, state, and local laws. Monitor updates for changes that impact HR.
* Manage the day-to-day administration of leaves of absence, including, but not limited to, leaves under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), personal leaves of absence, and short- and long-term disability, including maintaining an appropriate level of communication with third party leave administrator, as well as the employee on leave.
* Interpret and administer all leave programs and policies in accordance with applicable employment laws. Monitor compliance with ADA, FMLA and other leaves of absence.
* Maintain thorough knowledge of all leave of absence benefits to effectively serve as a liaison between employees, leaders, and senior HR staff.
* Develop or recommend recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs. Advise management on organizing, preparing, or implementing recruiting or retention strategies.
* Perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as, but not limited to, Internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, employee referrals, networking, etc.
* Review job orders and employment applications to match applicants with job requirements. Select or refer qualified job applicants to leaders, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
* Screen or interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills. Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities, etc.
* Hire employees, process hiring-related paperwork, and conduct new employee orientations.
* Prepare, maintain, or approve employment records related to events or changes, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, seasonal layoffs, or promotions, using human resources management system software (HRIS), ensuring all employment actions are in compliance with local, state and federal employment requirements.
* Provide management with information or training related to recruiting, leaves of absence, or other HR-related topics.
* Draft policies, forms, and procedures for review by senior HR staff. Educate and deliver training to employees and leaders in interpretation, application, and changes with same.
* Administer company training events through HRIS to ensure regulatory and attendance requirements are met.
* Assist in coordinating, scheduling and conducting company training.
* Monitor attendance, update training files and run/analyze reports to ensure continued compliance.
* Analyze employment- and/or HR-related data and prepare required reports.
* Provide access to own transportation for travel to trainings, meetings, recruiting events, etc.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Education and experience requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
*This job will be filled depending upon the successful candidate's competencies, education, and experience. Typically requires one to two years of related experience, buy may be filled at a higher level. Additional experience is required for higher-level placement.
* Thorough working knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, unemployment, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, EEO/AA, HIPAA, etc.
* Principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, leaves of absence, and employee relations,
* Demonstrated ability to learn, follow, and interpret company policies and procedures.
* Demonstrated sound judgment and critical thinking skills;
* Demonstrated ability to distinguish confidential and/or personal information and prevent unauthorized disclosures.
* Advanced data entry, typing, and computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
* Demonstrated effective communication skills, including oral, written, and comprehension/listening, interpersonal skills, and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups and facilitate discussion.
* Demonstrated orientation to detail and customer service.
* Ability to collaborate, influence and command the respect and confidence of stakeholders and have the capacity to deal with a wide range of employees, relationships, and situations.
* Strong organizational skills; evidence of self-motivation; demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and work both independently and in teams within a service-oriented team.
* Demonstrated success managing multiple and competing priorities while successfully balancing the need for quality with meeting deadlines.
* Must have a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record per company minimum standard for drivers.
* HR certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
* Experience in a human resources department of a construction firm
* Basic Management
* Drug Free Workplace
* Constant (67-100%) - Talk and hear in conversations with customers.
* Constant (67-100%) - Talk on telephone and hear telephone conversations.
* Constant (67-100%) - Sit for sustained periods of time.
* Constant (67-100%) - See and read PC screens, including normally-sized print.
* Constant (67-100%) - Use fingers/hands to type and file.
* Constant (67-100%) - Use basic office equipment such as phones, computers, file cabinets, copier, etc.
* Frequently (34-66%) - Bend, stoop, kneel to file.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Lift and/or transport items weighing less than 25 pounds from one location to another.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Operate and sit in vehicle for sustained periods of time.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Work in a field environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions, noise, dust, extrement temperatures.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Wear personal protective equipment.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Stand for long periods of time.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.