Responsible for the efficient, accurate fulfillment of orders for material and the loading of trucks. Manage the material and communication between plant, crew, and transportation. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Receive orders for material and enter data into computer system.
* Generate material ticket via computer system.
* Discharge appropriate tonnage safely into correct customer trucks.
* Read road map, generate directions, and input into computer system.
* Maintain Pennsylvania Department of Transportation logs (orders and releases, scale checks, etc.).
* Proactively communicate in a positive, professional manner with both internal and external customers.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Asphalt plant equipment, production and operation.
* Asphalt mix designs.
* Perform basic mathematics.
* Successfully learn on the job and follow GOH company policies and safety procedures.
* Properly load a truck and track shipments to completion daily.
* Must obtain weighmaster’s license.
* Must have effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
* Must demonstrate computer literacy and/or familiarity with MS Office software.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Computer or technical training preferred.
* Ability to work in a plant environment with exposure to dust, fumes, noise, extreme temperatures and confined spaces.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb stairs, ladders, and on top of silos to perform work.
* Ability to shovel.
* Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.