Mechanic Shop 2-Day Shift
|Title:||Mechanic Shop 2-Day Shift|
Inspect, diagnose, adjust, repair, and maintain heavy equipment and transportation vehicles including cars; light, medium and heavy trucks; paving and earthmoving equipment. This hourly, non-exempt position will work under indirect supervision from the Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and rebuild all system failures on mobile and stationary equipment.
* Safely perform all essential functions.
* Generate report of parts necessary and time required to complete project.
* Safely operate equipment which requires a commercial drivers license for diagnosing and testing purposes.
* Accurately generate in a timely manner all repair work orders.
* Proactively communicate with Leaders and Equipment Operators concerning equipment and job-related projects.
* Safely use welding and flame-cutting equipment to perform welding duties.
* Maintain safe and organized work area.
* Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage.
* Consistently work on personal growth plan.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week. Occasionally work non-traditional hours including Night shift, Saturdays and Sundays.
* Occasional out of town travel required.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and maintaining mobile equipment.
* Basic computer skills.
* Construction operations.
* Operate tools and equipment used to repair equipment.
* Take and follow instructions.
* Ability to learn and follow GOH Company policies.
* Work under indirect supervision.
* Valid driver's license for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Valid Class B CDL for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Prefer Class A CDL with HazMat and Tanker endorsements.
* Must meet company minimum standards for drivers.
* Class B state inspection license.
* Prefer Class A state inspection license.
* Must possess tools needed to complete assigned projects.
* Must be competent in or working to become proficient in each of the following:
- Troubleshooting techniques.
- Hydraulic principles and systems.
- Power and drive train principles.
- Machine electronics.
- Cutting and welding processes.
- Fuel systems.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Prefer completion of Heavy Equipment/Diesel Technology program from an accredited vocational or technical school.
* Prefer three years of experience as a heavy equipment or truck technician.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner's Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h)
* Ability to work with fuel and other petroleum products.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb on and off equipment safely.
* Ability to work in shop environment and tolerate exposure to dust, welding fumes, exhaust fumes, cold temperatures, noise and confined spaces.
* Ability to bend, kneel, or squat to reach repair areas.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications