Equipment Operator 3
|Title:||Equipment Operator 3|
Operate heavy, material-moving construction equipment to ensure safe, efficient and productive movement of aggregate material. Assist Plant Operator in maintaining high safety and production standards. Perform basic fabrication, general repairs and service of plant equipment. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with without direct supervision.
* Operate heavy, material-moving construction equipment to ensure safe, efficient and productive movement of aggregate material.
* Assist Plant Operator in maintaining high safety and production standards, performing basic fabrication, general repairs and service of plant equipment.
* Meet GOH performance and technical standards required to qualify for Level 2 certification on three types of mobile heavy equipment.
* Must follow proper GOH/MSHA safety practices and procedures.
* Conduct pre and post-shift plant and equipment inspections.
* Assist in identifying and addressing safety issues around pit, yard and/or plant.
* Perform as a team member.
* Utilize small hand and power tools, torches and welding equipment.
* Perform basic fabrication requirements.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* May be required to travel to other job locations.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Safe operation of mobile equipment such as braking system and emergency steering.
* Moving plant machinery parts and the dangers they pose.
* Fabrication and plant maintenance.
* Extensive knowledge of MSHA regulations.
* Demonstrate safe working practices.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Operate light equipment such as skid steers and water trucks.
* Demonstrate effective problem solving abilities.
* Demonstrate self-motivation and work without direct supervision.
* Any combination of education and experience that would provide the knowledge to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Certificate or degree in heavy equipment operation preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year of heavy equipment operation experience preferred.
* Previous experience with cutting torches and welding equipment preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to enter and exit equipment safely.
* Ability to work in field environments with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, vibrations, and a variety of petroleum products.
* Ability to shovel.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.