|Location:||State College (PA)|
Responsible for the safe, efficient, and productive operation of various sized hydraulic and conventional cranes. Safely load and drive boomtruck from job to job. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Unload and set up of all crane types.
* Perform daily maintenance of cranes and boom.
* Periodically inspect cranes to ensure safe operation.
* Read load charts.
* Safely operate cranes to place components of bridge structures including driving piles, placing rebar, placing concrete, placing and removing form systems, and other associated duties such as loading and unloading of trucks.
* Properly disassemble and load cranes for shipment
* Properly place and secure loads on boom truck bed.
* Safely drive loaded boom truck from job to job.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Proper set up of crane.
* Site inspection for safe clearances and utility interference.
* Inspection of crane components such as wire rope, sheaves, hydraulics, etc.
* Selection and inspection of rigging.
* Set up of load indicating equipment
* Crane hand signals.
* OSHA crane regulations.
* Reading load charts.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Prefer Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Airbrake endorsement for Boom Truck Operation.
* Crane Operator’s Certification or ability and willingness to attend certification classes.
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Prefer a minimum of 3 years experience operating hydraulic or conventional cranes or similar experience.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently.
* Ability to bend, sit, stoop, and stand for long periods of time in the outdoor weather.
* Ability to be exposed to concrete dust, curing compound, and form oil on a daily basis.
* Ability to work in field environments with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, vibrations and a variety of petroleum products.
* Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to work comfortably and safely at heights on all types of structures.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner's Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h).
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications