Laborer - Milling
|Title:||Laborer - Milling|
|Location:||State College (PA)|
Perform a variety of manual duties to support milling crew. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct supervision.
* Assist in setting machine to the proper grade and cross slope of roadway.
* Constantly be aware of the potential hazards present when working around construction equipment and the motoring public.
* Responsible for safely operating water truck as needed.
* Ensure safe working environment.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including nightshift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Travel and arrive for starting time at various jobsite locations.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Road cross slopes.
* Tools and their maintenance.
* Work out of town and travel.
* Read rule and smart level.
* Read road slopes.
* Work next to live traffic.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Must have a valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards.
* Must have a valid Class B CDL with tanker endorsement.
* Prefer a valid Class A CDL with tanker endorsement.
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
* Previous welding and mechanical experience preferred.
* PADOT Flagger Training
* Biannual Paving Training
* Behavior Based Safety Tool Box Talk
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds consistently.
* Ability to work in field environments and tolerate exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, cold and noise.
* Ability to walk along milling machine for long periods of time.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner's Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h).
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.