Perform reliability checks, daily inspections and routine maintenance on plant equipment. Perform manual labor as necessary. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Perform daily checks, inspections and maintenance of asphalt plant.
* Identify mechanical malfunctions, troubleshoot and perform minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
* Provide assistance and support for the maintenance of the asphalt plant.
* Proactively communicate in a positive, professional manner with GOH team members.
* Perform manual labor as assigned.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Learn asphalt plant (batch and drum operations) safety, operations and equipment.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Work in a plant environment with exposure to dust, fumes, noise, extreme temperatures and confined spaces.
* Physically climb to top of silos and perform work.
* Recognize operation conditions such as segregated stock piles, moisture problems, contamination, etc.
* Must be able to operate welder and cutting torch.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Previous equipment repair experience preferred.
* Ability to work in a plant environment and tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, noise, and confined spaces.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to shovel.
* Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.