Bituminous Pl Tech 2 - Night Shift
|Title:||Bituminous Pl Tech 2 - Night Shift|
|Location:||Pleasant Gap (PA)|
Responsible for all of the site quality control functions to ensure the quality of materials produced meets specifications. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
* Oversee and assist in the development of needed HMA designs.
* Order lab equipment and supplies through the Quality Control Leader as needed.
* Daily obtain representative samples and perform specific tests of each material used in the production of HMA. Record results of all tests performed in state book document, as well as company computer.
* Assist in the development of and ensure compliance with the facility’s Quality Control Plan.
* Daily discuss test results and production processes with the Plant Leader and Plant Operator. As needed, discuss material results with Department of Transportation representatives.
* Prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly test reports and submit and review with GOH officials as needed.
* Maintain a thorough knowledge of applicable test procedures and material specifications.
* Prepare and supply certifications for materials shipped as required, and maintain copies for quick reference as needed.
* Identify and reject any material that does not meet specification.
* Make necessary adjustments to mix formulas to target design values as needed.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Occasionally operate a vehicle on company business.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Basic mathematics.
* Principles, practices and techniques of testing hot mix asphalt and aggregates.
* PennDOT Publications:
-Publication 19 – Pennsylvania Test Methods
-Publication 408 – Specifications:
-Section 106 – Control of Material
-Section 703 – Aggregate
-All Sections relative to Bituminous pavement
-309; 360; 401; 409; 420; 421; 422, etc.
-Bulletin 27 – Bituminous Concrete Mixtures, Design Procedures, and Specifications for Special Bituminous Mixtures
-Project Office Manual
* Relative AASHTO and ASTM procedures
* Learn other test procedures that are not a daily requirement, such as:
-Bailey Method of Mix design development procedures.
-FAA “Airport” mix design.
* Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Identify and solve problems.
* Teach and coach others to become responsible for these duties.
* Work alone or with others in a team.
* Maintain neat, legible and accurate documentation.
* Proficiently use Microsoft Office software products.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Current Pennsylvania or New York Bituminous Plant Technician Level 2 Certification.
* Successful completion of PennDOT’s “Superpave Volumetric Mix Design Workshop.”
* Valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 3 years as a Certified Bituminous Plant Level 1 Technician, or related credentials required.
* Similar credentials from another State.
* PennDOT Superpave Volumetric Mix Design Workshop
* MSHA ART/NM/ENM (Plant 1 and Plant 5)
* CPR/First Aid (Optional)
* Skid Steer
* Fork Lift
* 8 hour Arc Flash
* Asphalt Plant School
* Computer Skills
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to work-bench height.
* Ability to perform physical labor in varying weather and terrain, as well as in a lab environment and tolerate limited exposure to heat and dust.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to shovel.
* Ability to sit or be on your feet for extended periods of time.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.