Responsible for the daily quality control of the aggregate operations to ensure the quality of the materials produced meets specifications. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Obtain representative samples and perform specific tests of each material produced on a daily basis.
* Record results of all tests performed in state book document, as well as company computer.
* Assist in the development of the facility’s Quality Control Plan.
* Discuss test results and production processes with the Plant Leader and Plant Operator on a daily basis. Discuss material results with PennDOT representatives as needed.
* Maintain a thorough knowledge of applicable test procedures and material specifications.
* Prepare and supply certifications for materials shipped as required and maintain copies for quick reference as needed.
* Identify and reject any material that does not meet specification.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of all company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Basic Mathematics.
* Principles, practices and techniques of testing aggregates.
* PennDOT Publications:
-Publication 19 – Pennsylvania Test Methods
-Publication 408 – Specifications:
-Section 106 – Control of Material
-Section 350 – Subbase
-Section 703 – Aggregate
-Section 850 – Rock Lining
* Learn other aggregate test procedures such as:
-Fine and coarse aggregate absorptions and specific gravities.
-Cubic foot weight determination.
-Proctor testing relative to optimum moisture and compaction requirements.
* Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Work independently or with others in a team.
* Maintain neat, legible and accurate documentation.
* Proficiently use Microsoft Office software products.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Must obtain a Current Pennsylvania Aggregate Technician Certification.
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* 1 year as a Certified Aggregate Technician or related field preferred.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds from ground level to work-bench height.
* Ability to perform physical labor in varying weather and terrain, as well as in a lab environment and tolerate limited exposure to dust.
* Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to climb on and off of equipment safely.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.