|Location:||Greens Landing (PA)|
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of tasks in the Shops including inspecting, diagnosing, adjusting, repairing and maintaining the following: heavy equipment; transportation vehicles including cars, light, medium, and heavy trucks; and paving and earthmoving equipment. This hourly, non exempt position will work with direct supervision of Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader.
* Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and rebuilding all system failures on mobile equipment.
* Safely operate equipment for diagnosing and testing purposes.
* Accurately generate in a timely manner all repair work orders.
* Proactively communicate with Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader concerning equipment and job related projects.
* Maintain safe and organized work area.
* Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed, including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Sometimes required to work more than 40 hours per week and non traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
*Safely perform essential functions.
Basic knowledge of:
* Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and maintaining mobile equipment.
* Computer skills.
* Construction operations.
* Operate tools and equipment used to repair equipment.
* Take and follow instructions.
* Ability to learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Must have a valid driver's license for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for
* Must have some knowledge and competency in each of the following: troubleshooting techniques, hydraulic principles and systems, power and drive train principles, machine electronics, cutting and welding processes, fuel systems.
* High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
* Prefer one year of experience as a heavy equipment or truck technician.
* Ability to work with fuel and other petroleum products. Frequently (34% - 66%)
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Occasional (0% - 33%)
* Ability to climb on and off equipment safely. Frequently (34% - 66%)
* Ability to work in shop or field environment and tolerate exposure to dust, welding fumes, exhaust fumes, cold temperatures,
noise and confined spaces. Constant (67% - 100%)
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment. Constant (67% - 100%)
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all‑inclusive. They represent typical
elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications