Foreman Sr. - Paving
|Title:||Foreman Sr. - Paving|
|Location:||State College (PA)|
Supervise craft employees assigned to a construction paving crew. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
* Supervise assigned crew members to ensure tasks are safely and productively completed in a timely manner with a high quality finished product.
* Prioritize, schedule and communicate plans and tasks to crew members.
* Provide liaison between field engineering and crafts to ensure construction complies with drawings and specifications.
* Assist in planning work schedule, determining manpower levels, material quantities, trucking and equipment requirements, and traffic control needs.
* Monitor work performance and productivity of crew members to ensure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained.
* Complete employee time cards to accurately reflect hours worked.
* Advise superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
* Maintain positive relationship with other departments, as required, to support construction schedule.
* Promote positive public relations and image.
* Ensure safe working environment.
* Exercise proper care, maintenance and operation of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, project plans, specifications, special provisions and phases needed to complete the project.
* Equipment and tools needed for the project.
* Materials required for the project.
* Haul time to the job in order to efficiently plan trucking requirements.
* Communication hand signals.
* Learn, follow and enforce GOH company policies and procedures.
* Coordinate operations.
* Plan ahead.
* Supervise and evaluate performance of crew members. Create construction plans to minimize traffic disruptions and maximize safety for our employees and the traveling public.
* Work in field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
* Cross train crew members on all aspects of tasks related to particular construction discipline.
* Must have a valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must have basic math skills.
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* Must be CPR and first aid trained.
* Must obtain and maintain all mandatory training.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum 5 years of construction experience.
* Previous construction supervisory experience.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications