|Location:||State College (PA)|
Assist and learn from the Estimator in gathering, calculating and compiling data for use in completion of bid proposal estimates for civil and heavy highway related projects. This hourly, nonexempt position will work with direct supervision.
* Use a computer based software (Agtek, Insite) to take off quantities, field measurements, or obtain information from the plan, proposal and cross sections to accurately calculate in a timely manner various statistical data.
* Obtain and research all required material and historical data (purchase orders, quotations, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc.) to ensure timely completion of accurate and concise estimates.
* Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents.
* Responsible for coordination and administration of project upon completion of the sale or low bid including maintaining files of working documents.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Perform additional assignments at supervisor's direction.
* Civil engineering and construction principles.
* Estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
* Common commercial and estimating software.
* Auto Cad - Civil
* Perform mathematical calculations.
* Read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Use a computer and other related office equipment.
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate above average organizational, analytical and memory skills to effectively and efficiently handle multiple priorities with short deadlines.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Working towards an Associates or Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a closely related field.
* Experience in estimating and construction including excavation, paving, underground utility, site development and heavy highway projects preferred.
* Basic Management
* Drug Free Workplace
* Frequently required to sit in and operate a vehicle for sustained periods of time.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to use office equipment such as computers, copiers, telephones, etc.
* Ability to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications