Injection Well Operator
|Title:||Injection Well Operator|
Responsible for the efficient daily operation of the disposal facility to ensure optimum throughput and a clean product. Ensure compliance disposal rules and regulations providing accurate information regarding the operation of the facility. Perform daily facility inspection. This hourly, non exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Ensure smooth, efficient day to day operation of disposal facility.
* Demonstrate the commitment that quality is created in the operational process.
* Strives to disposal volumes at all times..
* Adjust and maintain equipment to ensure optimum performance.
* Order all raw materials and maintain inventories.
* Ensure chemical storage is stocked correctly labeled for application and safety.
* Perform daily plant inspection.
* Proactively communicate with customers and other GOH personnel/departments regarding facility operation.
* Observe environmental factors to ensure that emission control devices operate properly.
* In conjunction with General Superintendent, plan, prioritize, schedule, and coordinate activities of plant operation, production, maintenance and personnel.
* Act as delegate for General Superintendent when necessary.
* Assist in training of new staff.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Disposal well safety, operations and equipment.
* Maintenance procedures for the operation of disposal facility and associated equipment.
* Disposal Fluids, materials and specification requirements.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Recognize operation conditions such as fluid properties, leaks and volumetric accuracy.
* Identify mechanical malfunctions, troubleshoot and lead repairs as necessary.
* Work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Must have proven experience and working knowledge of salt water disposal operations.
* Must obtain weigh master's license.
* Must demonstrate effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
* Must demonstrate computer literacy and or familiarity with MS Office Software.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate's Degree in a technical field or technical training preferred.
* Previous experience in operating and maintaining a salt water disposal facility is a requirement.
* OSHA 30
* CPR/First Aid
* Skid Steer
* Fork Lift
* Tele Handler
* 8 Hour Arc Flash
* Bearing, Gear Box, Welding, and Torch Training
* Screen Bearings
* Computer Skills
* Production and Efficiency Mobile Equipment Training
* Constant (67 100%) Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Frequently (34 66%) Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
* Frequently (34 66%) Ability to use office equipment such as computers, telephones, copiers, etc.
* Occasionally (0 33%) Ability to work in a plant environment with exposure to dust, fumes, noise, extreme temperatures and confined spaces.
* Occasionally (0 33%) Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
* Occasionally (0 33%) Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.