Carpenter - Bridge
|Title:||Carpenter - Bridge|
|Location:||State College (PA)|
Build, install, brace and strip concrete forms constructed of wood or steel to form components of concrete structures. Place and finish surfaces of structure concrete. Perform manual labor as assigned. This hourly, non-exempt position will work direct and indirect supervision.
* Build wooden forms.
* Set, brace and strip wood and steel forms.
* Place and finish concrete.
* Drill holes for and position reinforcing rods.
* Ensure safe working environment.
* Perform manual labor as needed.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Travel and arrive for starting time at various jobsite locations.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Blueprint reading for concrete structures.
* Use, maintenance, and safe operation of hand and power tools used to build formwork.
* Materials used to construct forms.
* Assembly and bracing of modular form systems such as EFCO, SYMONS and PERRI.
* Building form components on site to construct structure components including footings, columns, pier caps, deck overhang and parapets.
* Setting up and operating mechanized finishing equipment such as GOMACO and BIDWELL.
* All methods of pouring concrete including placement by truck, crane & bucket, conveyor and pump.
* Layout and placement of reinforcing rods.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Work with and without direct supervision.
* Must have own tools.
* Must have basic math skills.
* Prefer valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience as a concrete structure carpenter is preferred.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently.
* Ability to bend, sit, stoop, and stand for long periods of time in the outdoor weather.
* Ability to be exposed to concrete dust, curing compound, and form oil on a daily basis.
* Ability to work in field environments with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, cold, noise, vibrations and a variety of petroleum products.
* Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to work comfortably and safely at heights on all types of structures.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.