Provide flagging/traffic control services at assigned construction site to ensure public and crew safety. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Provide basic traffic control duties in accordance with State and company safety regulations and procedures to ensure traffic proceeds smoothly and in a timely fashion while ensuring public and crew safety.
* Communicate specific instructions clearly, firmly and courteously to drivers approaching a temporary traffic control zone in frequently changing situations.
* Ensure that all flagging equipment is in good condition at all times.
* Constantly be aware of the potential hazards present when working around construction equipment and the motoring public.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of equipment.
* Arrive for start time to various job site locations.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* PennDOT regulations for traffic control.
* Control signaling devices (such as paddles and flags).
* Use company radio equipment to provide clear and positive guidance.
* Remain attentive for extended periods of time.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies.
* Work under direct and indirect supervision.
* Must be courteous, cooperative, and patient.
* Must be available to travel and have dependable transportation.
* Prefer valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must be adaptable to last minute schedule changes.
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course in accordance with PennDOT guidelines.
* Prefer High School diploma or equivalent.
* No previous experience required.
* Ability to move and maneuver quickly in order to avoid danger from errant vehicles.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time in extreme and adverse weather conditions.
* Ability to work in field environments with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, vibrations and a variety of petroleum products.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.