Under general supervision of Survey Manager, provide routine field and office surveying and mapping services to company divisions. This hourly, non exempt position will work with and without direct supervision.
* Conduct topographic, boundary, and construction surveys.
* Operate survey instruments and Global Positioning System equipment on a field survey crew.
* Record accurate survey field notes.
* Perform survey calculations and analysis.
* Find, evaluate, and record land boundary, right of way, and corner evidence.
* Perform construction staking as directed by Chief Surveyor or Foreman.
* Calibrate and maintain survey instruments.
* Lead field survey crew on routine assignments.
* Produce plans, maps, files, charts, and reports.
* Read and interpret design plans.
* Instruct crewmembers in instrument operation, maintenance, and survey procedures.
* Safely operate a company vehicle.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Overnight Travel Required.
* Survey principles and practices.
* Global Positioning Systems.
* Engineering design and construction practices.
* Understand and execute instructions.
* Perform mathematical calculations and statistical analysis.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate high degree of analytical and organizational skills.
* Valid driver's license for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Prefer two year college degree in Surveying Technology or related field.
* Prefer two or more years of progressively responsible experience in land or construction surveying.
* PennDOT Flagger Training
* MSHA (if applicable)
* Drug Free Workplace
* Basic Management
Page 2 of 2
* GPS/ Data Collection
* Annual Safety Training
* CPR/ First Aid
* Ability to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to work in field environment with exposure to dust, noise, inclement weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all‑inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.