|Location:||Greens Landing (PA)|
Responsible for the efficient daily operation of the asphalt plant to ensure production of quality hot mix asphalt. Ensure conformance to processing specifications by monitoring process and providing accurate information regarding the operation of the plant. Perform daily plant inspection. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Ensure smooth, efficient day-to-day operation of asphalt plant.
* Demonstrate the belief that quality is created in the operational process.
* Strives to make the best product at all times.
* Control the heating, drying and mixing of asphalt, sand, stone and specified additives to produce quality asphalt paving materials.
* Ensure conformance to processing specifications by monitoring process and providing accurate information regarding the operation of the plant.
* Adjust equipment such as screens and conveyors to control or vary size of product and/or to maintain uniform flow of materials.
* Order all raw materials and maintain inventories.
* Ensure bins are stocked and correctly prioritized.
* Perform daily plant inspection.
* Proactively communicate with customers and other GOH personnel/departments regarding plant operation.
* Observe environmental factors to ensure that emission control devices operate properly.
* In conjunction with Plant Leader, plan, prioritize, schedule, and coordinate activities of plant operation, production, maintenance and personnel.
* Act as delegate for Plant Leader when necessary.
* Assist in training of new staff.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Hot mix plant (batch and drum operations) safety, operations and equipment.
* Maintenance procedures for the operation of hot mix plant and associated equipment.
* Mix designs, materials and specification requirements.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Recognize operation conditions such as segregated stock piles, moisture problems, contamination, etc.
* Identify mechanical malfunctions, troubleshoot and lead repairs as necessary.
* Work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Must have proven experience and working knowledge of hot mix operations (Batch and Drum Operations).
* Must obtain weigh master’s license.
* Must demonstrate effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
* Must demonstrate computer literacy and or familiarity with MS Office Software.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate’s Degree in a technical field or technical training preferred.
* Previous experience in operating and maintaining an asphalt plant preferred.
* Ability to work in a plant environment with exposure to dust, fumes, noise, extreme temperatures and confined spaces.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications