|Location:||State College (PA)|
Provide overall technical and administrative direction for the management and implementation of heavy and highway construction and site development projects. This salaried, exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
* Manage awarded projects from beginning to end including but not limited to project scheduling, change order pricing and negotiation, project administration, job cost review, billings, collections, project meeting and project close-out.
* Oversee and support the Project Engineer to ensure the proper administrative functions are being performed.
* Plan, organize and staff key field positions through Project Superintendent and/or Foreman.
* Monitor and control construction effort through direction of Project Superintendent and/or Foreman to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule; interface with the owner representative and engineer.
* Responsible for recruiting, training, hiring, and firing employees to consistently improve project workforce.
* Establish and maintain effective communication within our organization and with material suppliers, subcontractors, owners, engineers, and other individuals involved in the projects.
* Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect the company’s interest while maintaining a good relationship with the customer.
* Interpret and enforce Company policies and procedures.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Heavy and highway construction practices and techniques.
* Civil engineering and construction principles.
* Standard and special specifications.
* Testing standards.
* Estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing.
* Common commercial, scheduling, and estimating software.
* Project management principles, practices, and methods.
* Methods of organizing, directing, and managing construction project teams.
* Project scheduling, cost estimating, and controls.
* Contract administration.
* Quality assurance methods and practices.
* Community relations practices.
* Progress payments, change orders, and claims.
* Principles of administration, leadership, supervision, and training.
* Safety regulations and procedures.
* Construction material characteristics and properties.
* Construction inspection practices and methods.
* Principles of budget preparation and administration.
* Learn, follow, and enforce Company policies and procedures.
* Oversee complex construction site activities, contracts, and budgets.
* Prepare reports, business correspondence, and documents.
* Make effective oral presentations.
* Negotiate construction change orders.
* Plan, organize, and direct the work of others.
* Read and interpret blue prints, schematics, specifications and plans.
* Make field inspections and surveys.
* Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
* A valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must obtain and maintain all mandatory training.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Prefer Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Construction Management, or a closely related field.
* Prefer five years of experience in the management of heavy and highway construction projects to include excavation, paving, underground utility, and site development.
* Basic Management
* Drug Free Workplace
* Selecting & Retaining
* Heavy Job Management
* OSHA 30 Hour
* Ability to occasionally work in field environment with exposure to dust, noise, inclement weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to use standard office equipment to include computers, copiers, faxes, etc.
* Ability to frequently use hands for typing, filing and performing other administrative duties.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.