Driver - Low Bed 1
|Title:||Driver - Low Bed 1|
This position is responsible for the safe, efficient, economical movement of equipment and materials from one location to another, potentially year-round, as needed. Responsible for keeping GOH equipment in clean, serviceable condition, performing manual labor as assigned. This is an hourly, non-exempt position working with indirect supervision.
* Operate trucks and/or truck tractors and trailers safely and efficiently on public highways and in off-road situations to deliver equipment and materials to job sites, vendor locations, and customer locations.
* Proactively report all equipment malfunctions to maintenance staff.
* Perform required administrative duties.
* Perform manual labor as assigned.
* Meet performance standards required to qualify for the Driver - Low Bed 1 position.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays, and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor or dispatcher's direction.
* State and Federal regulations regarding vehicle weights, rules of the road, and hours of service.
* Local, State, and Federal traffic laws.
* Rules and regulations relative to hauling over-dimensional loads.
* Heavy trucks.
* Basic operation of heavy equipment.
* Load Securement as per the North American Securement Standard.
* Mechanical concepts.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Properly and neatly maintain log books according to Federal DOT requirements.
* Properly and neatly complete required GOH paperwork.
* Work with indirect supervision.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of all GOH plant & shop locations
* Use maps and other aids to assist with efficient hauling.
* Must possess minimum valid Class A Commercial Drivers License for the state in which you reside with and no air brake restrictions.
*Tank and hazmat endorsements preferred.
* Must meet company minimum standards for CDL drivers.
* Must obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner's Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h).
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in a like CDL vehicle required.
* Annual Driver Training
* MSHA (if applicable)
* Constant (67-100%) - Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Constant (67-100%) - Ability to sit/drive/travel for extended periods of time.
* Constant (67-100%) - Ability to shift gears.
* Frequently (34-66%) - Ability to work in a shop or field environment with exposure to dust, fumes, noise, vibrations, extreme/inclement weather conditions and a variety of petroleum products.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Ability to safely climb up the bed ladder and on trucks.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Must be able to lift/carry 75 pounds.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Ability to see and work with a minimum amount of light on night shift operations.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Ability to shovel and use other tools.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Ability to push a maximum force of 70 pounds.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Ability to pull a maximum force of 120 pounds.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications