Mechanic Entry 3 – Night Shift
|Title:||Mechanic Entry 3 – Night Shift|
|Location:||Pleasant Gap (PA)|
The purpose of this position is to become proficient at inspection, diagnosing, adjusting, repairing and maintaining heavy equipment and transportation vehicles including cars; light; medium and heavy trucks; paving and earthmoving equipment. This hourly non-exempt position will work under direct supervision of Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader.
*Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and rebuild all system failures on mobile equipment.
*Generate report of parts necessary and time required to complete project.
*Safely operate equipment for diagnosing and testing purposes.
*Accurately generate in a timely manner all repair work orders.
*Proactively communicate with Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader concerning equipment and job-related projects.
*Maintain safe and organized work area.
*Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed, including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage.
*Consistently work on personal growth plan.
*Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
*Frequently work more than 40 hours per week. Occasionally work non-traditional hours including day shift, Saturdays, and Sundays.
*Occasional out of town travel is required.
*Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
*Safely perform all essential functions.
*Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and maintaining mobile equipment.
*Operate tools and equipment used to repair equipment.
*Take and follow instructions.
*Ability to learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Must have a valid driver's license for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
*Prefer Class B CDL for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
*Prefer State Inspection License
*Must possess tools needed to complete assigned projects.
*Must have some knowledge and competency in each of the following: troubleshooting techniques, hydraulic principles and systems, power and drive train principles, machine electronics, cutting and welding processes, fuel systems.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Prefer completion of Heavy Equipment/Diesel Technology program from an accredited vocational or technical school.
* Prefer one year of experience as a heavy equipment or truck technician.
Required Annual Training:
* Preferred Mack Brakes - PM Service
* Preferred Hydraulics
* Preferred CDL
*Preferred PA Inspection
* MSHA (if applicable)
*Ability to work with fuel and other petroleum products.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to physically climb on and off equipment safely.
* Ability to work in shop or field environment and tolerate exposure to dust, welding fumes, exhaust fumes, cold temperatures, noise and confined spaces.
* Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications