Paint Shop Technician
|Title:||Paint Shop Technician|
|Location:||State College (PA)|
The purpose of this position is to repair and refinish mobile and stationary equipment. Create accurate estimates of labor and material costs. This hourly, non-exempt position works with direct and indirect supervision.
* Safely perform all essential functions.
* Examine vehicle to determine extent and type of damage.
* Create accurate estimates of labor and material costs.
* Proficiently perform all processes necessary for painting and repairing mobile and stationary equipment using necessary tools.
* Assemble and disassemble equipment, if necessary, to complete painting projects.
* Apply decals, transfers, stencils and other types of identification to finished paint work.
* Ensure quality of work meets company and industry standards.
* Consistently work on personal growth plan.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Methods, materials, and equipment used in automotive painting.
* Stationary and mobile equipment.
* Mechanical concepts.
* Welding concepts.
* Lifts, scaffolding, etc. used in the painting process.
* Personal protective equipment.
* Take and follow instructions.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Work with and without direct supervision.
* Prefer completion of formalized training in automotive painting.
* Must possess tools needed to complete assigned project.
* High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
* Minimum three years of painting experience preferred.
Required Annual Training
* Personal Protective Equipment Breathing Apparatus
* Sand Blasting
* Constant (67-100%) - Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Frequently (34-66%) - Ability to work at heights.
* Frequently (34-66%) - Ability to stand for long periods, bend, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, and climb on and off equipment safely.
* Frequently (34-66%) - Ability to work indoors with noise and environmental conditions that can be dusty and dirty with exposure to exhaust fumes, paint fumes, dust particles, chemicals and solvents.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.