Project Superintendent - PennDOT
|Title:||Project Superintendent - PennDOT|
|Location:||State College (PA)|
Plan, schedule, and execute the day-to-day operations of a project. Coordinate activities with supporting operations to ensure and promote safety, quality, and productivity. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
* Develop and maintain a complete and thorough understanding of the plans and specifications for assigned project.
* Develop a plan to meet or exceed the specifications, safety requirements, and production paces.
* Perform short and long-term scheduling to maximize the utilization of crews, equipment, and materials.
* Maintain communication with other departments (i.e. sales, asphalt plants, aggregate plants, trucking) to ensure goals are being achieved.
* Proactively communicate plans, schedules, and expectations with customers to ensure needs are being addressed.
* Ensure all required paper work and reports are submitted accurately and on time.
* Interpret and enforce all Company policies and procedures. Administer discipline or recognition as the situation dictates.
* Provide leadership, guidance, encouragement, and feedback to assist in the continual personal and professional growth of each team member, including your replacement.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Penn DOT Specification 408.
* Pub 213 traffic control guidelines and specifications.
* Working knowledge of construction equipment, functions, features, and abilities.
* Working knowledge of construction means and methods.
* Detailed knowledge of plans and specifications.
* Project scheduling.
* Learn, follow, and enforce GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Prepare reports, business correspondence, and documents.
* Read and interpret blue prints, soil analysis and boring reports.
* Use a computer and related office equipment.
* Plan, organize, and direct the work of others.
* A valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Demonstrated high degree of analytical ability, and organizational and motivational skills.
* Proven leadership and team building experience.
* Effective interpersonal verbal and written communications skills.
* Must obtain and maintain all mandatory training.
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Prefer two-year or four-year post high school degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
* Minimum five years of experience in a construction leadership role.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain
* Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
* Ability to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
* Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.