|Location:||State College (PA)|
Build and align forms for sidewalks, curbs or gutters, patch voids, and cut expansion joints. Smooth and finish surface of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Build wooden forms.
* Use hand tools such as circular saw, drill, cut-off saw, or Hilti Gun.
* Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete.
* Place control joints, finish edges, using edging tools and jointers.
* Place concrete with Screed or Power Screed. Finish concrete with Bull Float or Frezno.
* Apply curing compound.
* Assist in training new employees.
* Perform concrete structure work as needed.
* Responsible for safely operating company vehicle as needed.
* Ensure safe working environment.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays, and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
* Concrete finishing.
* Forming concepts.
* Tools, including their maintenance.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Read grades.
* Work with and without direct supervision.
* Must have own tools.
* Valid drivers license for the that state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must have basic math skills.
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
* Previous experience preferred.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds consistently.
* Ability to work and walk on uneven terrain.
* Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
* Ability to bend, sit, stoop, and stand for long periods of time in the outdoor weather.
* Ability to be exposed to saw dust and form oil on a daily basis.
* Ability to work in field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, vibrations and a variety of petroleum products.
* Ability to be exposed to concrete dust, curing compound, and form oil on a daily basis.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications