Laborer - Site Development
|Title:||Laborer - Site Development|
Perform a variety of manual labor tasks related to Site Development as assigned by supervisor. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct supervision.
* Perform a variety of labor tasks related to Site Development as assigned by supervisor.
* Function as Site Attendant, as directed, to verify and ensure appropriate personnel enter/exit site.
* Function as Spotter, as directed, to guide any vehicle or equipment when operating in reverse to ensure no incidents occur.
* Exercise proper care and use of all related hand tools.
* Exercise proper care and use of all related power tools including, but not limited to, pumps, generators, saws, drills, and compaction equipment.
* Ensure proper handling and placement of all construction materials.
* Perform general housekeeping at the job site; maintain a neat and organized job site.
* Work in a safe manner around all equipment.
* Work in trenches or other confined spaces when accompanied by other qualified workers.
* Report any unsafe practices/situations to Foreman.
* Work cooperatively with supervisory personnel, and all co-workers.
* Wear personal protection equipment at all times on job sites and dress in accordance with company policy.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Arrive promptly at designated time and location, and be ready and able to perform assigned tasks.
* Follow direct instructions and work under direct supervision.
* Prefer valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers preferred.
* Prefer ability to operate small trucks and vans (non-CDL).
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
* Prefer some level of prior experience in construction or related fields.
* Minimum one year of working around heavy and highway construction equipment preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs consistently.
* Ability to walk, bend, lift and stand for long periods of time in outdoor weather.
* Ability to work in field environments with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, vibrations and a variety of petroleum products.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.