|Location:||State College (PA)|
Safely transport the service truck and trailer with roller or skid steer to and from project sites. Responsible for maintaining sufficient inventory levels of fuels, water, oils, traffic control signs, temporary marking tape and miscellaneous supplies required for paving operations. Perform manual labor to support paving operations as assigned. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Perform truck and trailer walk around inspection daily checking fluid levels, hoses, tires, lights, chains, placards, straps and wear components to verify units are capable of performing safely & productively.
* Report deficiencies to Foreman via squawk sheets.
* Perform pre-shift component check to verify that all systems are functioning properly and equipment is chained down on the trailer to comply with all regulations and to prevent equipment movement.
* At the direction of the Foreman, fuel and water equipment.
* Maintain inventory levels of all products to support the operation.
* Maintain daily fuel sheet tracking the distribution of inventory to equipment; submit sheets weekly to Foreman.
* Perform end-of-shift maintenance, clean-up and walk around to ensure mechanical and physical condition of truck and trailer meets manufacturer’s requirements.
* Adhere to and enforce paving safety rules.
* Perform end-of-shift reviews of all tanks containing oils, fuels, and water to verify valves are shut off and locked, and that there are no leaks.
* Stage vehicle in bright, illuminated or occupied location to prevent vandalism or theft and away from creeks, streams or storm sewer to minimize environmental damage if a leak or spill would occur.
* Perform laboring assignments on crew when Service Truck Driver duties are complete or not required.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Travel and arrive for starting time at various jobsite locations.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Heavy trucks.
* Mechanical concepts.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* Must have a valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must have a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with tank and hazmat endorsements.
* Must meet company minimum standards for drivers.
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
* Previous paving and heavy truck driving experience preferred.
*PADOT Flagger Training
*Biannual Paver Training
*Behavior Based Safety-Tool Box Talk
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds consistently.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to navigate out of immediate area as needed.
* Ability to work with minimal amount of light on night shift operations.
* Ability to work in field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, and a variety of petroleum products.
* Ability to physically climb on and off equipment safely.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner's Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h).