|Location:||Hagerman's/South Williamsport (PA)|
Under the supervision of the Plant Leader, supervise the complete operation of the processing plant, pit operation and support areas including shipping and quality control. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Under the supervision of the Plant Leader, supervise the complete operation of the processing plant, pit operation and support areas including shipping and quality control.
* Know and enforce all GOH/MSHA regulations, policies and recordkeeping.
* Oversee the safe plant operation of production while optimizing availabilities and efficiencies to ensure that quality material is on stock and available for shipping when required.
* Coordinate all phases of the operation including public relations.
* Perform as a team builder.
* Ensure preventive maintenance and repairs are scheduled to minimize the impact on production.
* Ensure that the pit operation and stripping plans are being accomplished safely, efficiently and according to budget.
* Utilize equipment efficiencies with maximum utilization and availability.
* Assist with mine planning, quality issues, permitting and general plant operation.
* Enter production data and maintain records.
* Perform task and hazard training as required.
* Conduct and document weekly safety meetings.
* Perform MSHA inspection and reporting as needed.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Working knowledge of:
* MSHA and DEP regulations and how they relate to the operation.
* Accident reporting and investigation.
* DEP regulations and compliance requirements.
* Basic personal computer operation.
* Parts, supplies and the ordering process.
* Shipping schedules, load out scheduling and scale house operation.
* Budgeting, costs and variances along with corresponding reports.
* Learn, follow and enforce GOH company policies and procedures.
* Delegate tasks and supervise the work of others.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Education beyond high school preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years aggregate experience or equivalent experience preferred.
* Previous supervisory experience preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.