Operate heavy, material-moving construction equipment to push up aggregate stockpiles, stock bins, and feed the plant cold feeds. Perform other manual labor as assigned. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Safely and proficiently operate plant loader.
* Ensure bins are kept well-stocked and correctly prioritized.
* Perform preventative maintenance on loader (check for leaks, fuel, lubricate, etc.).
* Perform daily plant inspections and maintenance of asphalt plant.
* Identify mechanical malfunctions, troubleshoot and perform minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
* Provide assistance and support for the maintenance of the asphalt plant.
* Perform other manual labor as assigned.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Heavy construction equipment operation.
* Asphalt plant (batch and drum operations) safety, operations and equipment.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Recognize operation conditions such as segregated stock piles, moisture problems, contamination, etc.
* Must be able to operate welder and cutting torch.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Certificate or degree in heavy equipment operation or related field preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year of experience operating heavy equipment preferred.
* Ability to physically climb in and out of equipment safely and operate levers or pedals to make fine, highly controlled muscular movements to adjust the position of control mechanisms.
* Ability to physically climb to top of silos and perform work.
* Ability to work in a plant environment with exposure to dust, fumes, noise, extreme temperatures and confined spaces.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to shovel.
* Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications