Operator - Curb
|Title:||Operator - Curb|
|Location:||State College (PA)|
Set up and safely operate curb machine for placement of concrete curbing. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Read specifications to determine location, width of base, and shape of curbing to be installed.
* Select and install specified curb-mold onto machine, using air tools.
* Safely operate curb machine to extrude curbing along guidelines.
* Cut control joints in curbing at specified intervals.
* Maintain and repair curb machine.
* Responsible for safely operating company vehicle as needed.
* Ensure safe working environment.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Curb machine set up.
* Vibrator placement.
* Sensor placement.
* Mold placement.
* Slump control of concrete.
* String line set up.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Anticipate what is needed next and have it ready.
* Learn to read grades.
* Work with and without direct supervision.
* Must have own basic set of hand tools.
* Valid driver's license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must have basic math skills.
* Must successfully complete PennDOT Flagger Training Course.
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
* Prefer at least one year of previous exposure to the operation of a curb machine.
* PennDOT Flagger Training
* Constant 67-100% Ability to bend, sit, stoop, and stand for long periods of time in the outdoor weather.
* Constant 67-100% Ability to be exposed to concrete dust, curing compound, and form oil on a daily basis.
* Constant 67-100% Work in field environments with exposure to inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, vibrations and a variety of petroleum products.
* Constant 67-100% Ability to safely climb on and off of equipment.
* Constant 67-100% Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
* Constant 67-100% Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Frequent 34-66% Ability to lift up to 50 pounds consistently.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.