|Location:||State College (PA)|
Manage corporate databases. Coordinate changes to corporate databases, codes and tests; implement changes. Modify and maintain existing databases and database management systems. Help plan and coordinate database security measures to safeguard corporate information in computer files to prevent against accidental or deliberate damage, modification or disclosure. Participate in IT projects to understand user data requirements and estimate time and cost to accomplish project tasks. This salaried, exempt position will work independently with minimal supervision.
* Manage database objects, such as tables, security, and transaction logs on an ongoing basis.
* Coordinate changes to corporate databases, codes and tests; implement changes.
* Ensure database software is available and performing according to service level agreements.
* Tune database tables, reports and other application functions by building indexes, user tables, stored procedures or other database coding as required.
* Work closely with other IT staff to ensure that database objects are available over the corporate network.
* Perform database backup/restore functions.
* Provide disaster recovery for database objects according to Corporate Disaster Recovery policy/procedure.
* Participate in IT projects to understand user data requirements and estimate time and cost to accomplish project tasks.
* Provide first line database/application user support and interface with vendor help desks.
* Implement and enforce security measures at the application and database levels where necessary.
* Participate in fielding help desk calls and in an on-call rotation.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Detailed knowledge of data base systems, and relational data objects, theories, and operation. (Microsoft SQL required)
* Detailed knowledge of database tuning procedures.
* Extensive knowledge of SQL.
* Database security models, processes, and procedures.
* Database import and export operations.
* Functional knowledge of PC hardware.
* Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
* Collaborate with other areas of IT.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Work independently with minimal supervision.
* Microsoft Certified Database Administrator.
* Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator preferred.
* Certification in other SQL databases considered.
* Solid interpersonal skills.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* BS Degree in Information Sciences or related field preferred.
* 3 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
* Prefer 1 year of experience in Citrix environment.
* Prefer 2 years of experience with database/application security implementation.
* Annual SQL database security and performance training
* Disaster Recovery Training
* Effective Communication Training
* Managing Priorities Training
* Ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
* Ability to sit for long periods at a time.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.