Plant Electrician 3
|Title:||Plant Electrician 3|
Responsible for the maintenance, repair and construction/erection of electrical systems in asphalt plants, aggregate plants and shops throughout Pennsylvania. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
* Construct and lead crew as needed to accomplish plant electrical system constructions/erections.
* Provide leadership, guidance, training and encouragement to assist in the continual personal and professional growth of team members.
* Assist in the design of plant flows and layout.
* Assist in the management of assigned projects.
* Fill in for Electrical Superintendent as directed.
* Install, maintain, diagnose and repair motors.
* Read blue prints (I/O list).
* Install, maintain and troubleshoot medium voltage equipment.
* Perform conduit bending and all other forms of wiring practices.
* Install, troubleshoot and maintain all types of motor controllers.
* Troubleshoot basic hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
*Processes in the asphalt and aggregate industry.
* Instrumentation on asphalt and aggregate plants.
* Latest maintenance practices.
* Equipment reliability program.
* Insulation Tester.
* Ground test meter.
* Basic computer knowledge.
* Baker surge tester.
* PLC basics.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Learn control systems for the asphalt and aggregate industries.
* Obtain MSHA Certification.
* A valid driver’s license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers preferred.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Technical degree required.
* Minimum of 4 years of industrial electrical experience preferred.
* Constant (67-100%)- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
* Constant (67-100%)- Ability to use fingers for fine manipulation of wiring, etc.
* Occasionally (0-33%)- Ability to work in a plant environment with exposure to dust, fumes, noise, extreme temperatures and confined spaces.
* Occasionally (0-33%)- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Occasionally (0-33%)- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Occasionally (0-33%)- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and reach.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications