Under general supervision of Survey Manager, provide routine office surveying and mapping services to company divisions. This salary, non exempt position will work with and without direct supervision. Occasional field work may be required
* Prepare accurate plans, charts, scale drawings and maps for survey projects using computer aided design/drafting software.
* Generate ground models and topography from survey data.
* Process raw survey data and prepare existing conditions survey drawings.
* Use computer aided design software and survey data process software to reduce field data for use in CAD files.
* Perform legal research for deeds, rights of way, easements and other pertinent information regarding boundary and ownership of property.
* Review and interpret deeds and other legal information and input into CAD files.
* Perform survey calculations and analysis.
* Find, evaluate, and record land boundary, right of way, and corner evidence.
* Read and interpret design plans.
* Occasionally assist in topographic, boundary, and construction surveys using survey instruments and Global Positioning System equipment on a field survey crew.
* Perform construction staking.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Survey principles and practices.
* AutoCad Civil 3D or Land Development Desktop Software (Civil 3D preferred)
* Global Positioning Systems.
* Engineering design and construction practices.
* Understand and execute instructions.
* Perform mathematical calculations and statistical analysis.
* Learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate high degree of analytical and organizational skills.
* Valid driver's license for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
* Minimum high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Prefer two year college degree in Surveying Technology or related field.
* Prefer two or more years of progressively responsible experience in land or construction surveying or survey processing.
* Drug Free Workplace
* GPS/ Data Collection
* Annual Safety Training
* CPR/ First Aid
* Mobility to work in a standard office environment, use standard office equipment.
* Sit at a desk or in a vehicle on a daily basis.
* Walk and stand during field activities on an intermittent basis.
* Lift up to 30 pounds.
* Stand, climb and hike on uneven terrain to conduct field and survey work.
* Hearing and speech to communicate in person and by telephone.
* Good memory and recall necessary for accurate and timely transfer of data/information.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.