Equipment Operator 2
|Title:||Equipment Operator 2|
Operate heavy, material-moving construction equipment to ensure safe, efficient and productive movement of aggregate material. Assist Plant Operator to maintain high safety and production standards and with daily preventative plant maintenance which consists of plant greasing, screen changes, belt splicing, replacing drive belts, shoveling, hosing, general cleanup and operation of light equipment. This hourly, non-exempt position will work under direct and indirect supervision.
* Operate heavy, material-moving construction equipment to ensure safe, efficient and productive movement of aggregate material.
* Assist Plant Operator to maintain high safety and production standards and with daily preventative plant maintenance including plant greasing, screen changes, belt splicing, replacing drive belts, shoveling, hosing, general cleanup and operation of light equipment.
* Meet GOH performance and technical standards required to qualify for Level 2 certification on two types of mobile heavy equipment.
* Follow proper GOH/MSHA safety practices and procedures.
* Conduct pre and post shift plant and equipment inspections.
* Assist in identifying and addressing safety issues around pit, yard and or plant.
* Perform as a team member.
* Use small hand and power tools.
* Observe and communicate plant issues with plant operator.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* May be required to travel to other job locations.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Safe operation of mobile equipment such as braking system and emergency steering.
* Moving plant machinery parts and the dangers they pose.
* Operate light equipment such as skid steers and water trucks.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Identify potential problems and hazards and assist in repairs.
* Communicate effectively.
* Maintain safety procedures.
* Any combination of education and experience that would provide the knowledge to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Certificate or degree in heavy equipment operation preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year of heavy equipment operation experience preferred.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
* Ability to enter and exit equipment safely.
* Ability to work in field environments with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise, vibrations, and a variety of petroleum products.
* Ability to shovel.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications