This is a management position with technical and administrative responsibilities for generating accurate cost estimates for medium to large civil and heavy highway related projects. This salaried, exempt position will work independently with minimal supervision.
*Complete accurate and concise estimates of required labor, equipment and materials needed to complete project.
*Define and ensure implementation of GOH estimating practices and procedures.
*Maintain a “Premier Workforce:” Train, counsel, coach and mentor estimating staff with appropriate rewards, evaluations and discipline.
*Establish and maintain an effective system of communication within the organization.
*Establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups and individuals.
*Represent Glenn O. Hawbaker, Inc. to the public, outside agencies and interests, including federal, state and local agencies.
*Review and seek out technology to improve estimating operations.
*Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
*Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
* Civil engineering and construction principles.
* Project management principles, practices and methods.
* Methods of organizing, directing and managing estimating teams.
* Contract administration.
* Progress payments, change orders, and claims.
* Principles of administration, leadership, supervision and training.
* Principles of budget preparation and administration.
* Latest estimating software applications such as HCSS and InSite.
* Bid a project from beginning to end including takeoffs, detailed estimate setup, entry and analysis of material and subcontracting pricing.
* Learn, follow and enforce GOH company policies and procedures.
* Oversee complex construction estimates.
* Read and interpret schematics, specifications and plans.
* Prepare reports, business correspondence, and documents.
* Make effective oral presentations.
* Plan, organize and direct the work of others.
* Use a computer and related office equipment.
* Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a closely related field is required.
* Ten years of combined experience in estimating and construction, including excavation, paving, underground utility, site development and heavy highway projects.
* Basic Management
* Drug Free Workplace
* Frequently required to sit in and operate a vehicle for sustained periods of time.
* Ability to walk and work on uneven terrain.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to use office equipment such as computers, copiers, telephones, etc.
* Ability to work in a field environment with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements show in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications