Driver - Water Truck
|Title:||Driver - Water Truck|
|Location:||State College (PA)|
Responsible for the safe, efficient, economical movement of water from one location to another throughout the GOH work area. Perform manual labor as needed. This hourly, non exempt position will work under direct and indirect supervision.
* Safely and effectively load, transport, and unload water to crews.
* Proactively communicate with supervisors concerning equipment and job related problems.
* Perform manual labor as needed when not operating water truck.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays, and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Heavy trucks and heavy construction equipment operation.
* Mechanical concepts.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Properly and neatly complete required GOH paperwork and logbook.
* Work under direct and indirect supervision.
* Must possess minimum valid Class B Commercial Driver's License for the state in which you reside with Tank endorsement.
* Prefer valid Class A Commercial Driver's License.
* Must meet company minimum standards for drivers.
* High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years commercial driving experience preferred.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work in a shop or field environment with exposure to dust, fumes, noise, vibration, confined spaces, and extreme/inclement weather conditions.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner's Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h).
* Ability to safely climb up and on trucks and loads and shift gears.
* Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.