|Location:||Grove City (PA)|
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of tasks in the Shops. Some of these tasks could include inspecting, diagnosing, adjusting, repairing and maintaining the following: heavy equipment; transportation vehicles including cars, light, medium, and heavy trucks; and paving and earthmoving equipment. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct supervision of Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader.
* Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and rebuilding all system failures on mobile equipment.
* Safely operate equipment for diagnosing and testing purposes.
* Accurately generate in a timely manner all repair work orders.
* Proactively communicate with Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader concerning equipment and job-related projects.
* Maintain safe and organized work area.
* Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed, including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Sometimes required to work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
*Safely perform essential functions.
Basic knowledge of:
* Methods, materials, tools and equipment used in repairing and maintaining mobile equipment.
* Computer skills.
* Construction operations.
* Operate tools and equipment used to repair equipment.
* Take and follow instructions.
* Ability to learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Must have a valid driver's license for state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Must have some knowledge and competency in each of the following: troubleshooting techniques, hydraulic principles and systems, power and drive train principles, machine electronics, cutting and welding processes, fuel systems.
* High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
* Current enrollment in a Heavy Equipment/Diesel Technology program from an accredited vocational or technical school required.
* Prefer one year of experience as a heavy equipment or truck technician.
* Ability to work with fuel and other petroleum products.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb on and off equipment safely.
* Ability to work in shop or field environment and tolerate exposure to dust, welding fumes, exhaust fumes, cold temperatures, noise and confined spaces.
* Ability to wear required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.