Driver - Fuel Truck
|Title:||Driver - Fuel Truck|
Responsible for safely fueling equipment on job sites throughout the GOH work area. Perform manual labor as assigned. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision
* Safely fuel equipment on job sites throughout the GOH work area.
* Check and fill to recommended levels engine oil, hydraulic oil, antifreeze, differential fluid, or any other fluid as necessary.
* Maintain neat, accurate, detailed record of equipment fueled.
* Check all machines for any major leaks or defects, GET wear, etc. document required paperwork and communicate to appropriate maintenance facility all problems needing attention and/or repair.
* Proactively communicate with supervisors concerning equipment and job-related problems.
* Work in shop assisting equipment repair operations when not in field.
* Perform manual labor as needed when not operating fuel truck.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non-traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays, and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional duties per supervisor’s direction.
* Knowledge of heavy trucks and heavy construction equipment operation.
* Knowledge of mechanical concepts.
* Ability to learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Ability to properly and neatly complete required GOH paperwork and logbook.
* Must possess minimum valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat and tank endorsements.
* Prefer valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat and tank endorsements.
* Must meet company minimum standards for drivers.
* Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
* Two years of commercial driving experience preferred.
* Annual Driver Safety Training
* MSHA (if applicable)
* Ability to safely climb on and off equipment and work in extreme weather conditions.
* Ability to work with fuel and other petroleum products.
* Ability to work with minimal amount of light on night shift operations.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h).
* Ability to sit and drive for extended periods of time.
* Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.