PM Technician-Night Shift
|Title:||PM Technician-Night Shift|
|Location:||Pleasant Gap (PA)|
Conduct all preventative maintenance on heavy equipment and transportation vehicles including cars; light, medium and heavy trucks; paving and earthmoving equipment. This hourly, non-exempt position will work under indirect supervision from the Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader.
* Safely perform all essential functions.
* Perform preventive maintenance on heavy trucks and equipment including changing all oils and filters, greasing and checking all fluids, belts, hoses and lights.
* Perform minor maintenance and repair of heavy trucks and equipment.
* Responsible for collecting and processing all oil samples.
* Maintain all repair work order records.
* Perform cleanup at end of day or when job is completed, including cleaning tools and putting tools in proper storage.
* Proactively communicate with Shop Superintendent or Shop Leader concerning equipment and job-related projects.
* Ensure safety devices are functional, such as back up alarms, fire extinguishers, horns, etc.
* Operate and move heavy trucks and equipment which requires a commercial drivers license, in order to perform preventative maintenance and minor repair work.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week. Occasionally work alternate hours including Day shift, Saturdays and Sundays.
* Occasional out of town travel required.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in preventive maintenance and minor repair of heavy trucks and equipment.
* Basic computer skills.
* Construction operations.
* Maintain attention to detail.
* Read, understand, and use service and operation manuals for reference.
* Operate tools and equipment used in preventive maintenance and minor repair of heavy truck and construction equipment.
* Take and follow instructions.
* Ability to learn and follow GOH Company policies and procedures.
* Work under indirect supervision.
* Must have a valid Class B CDL for state in which you reside with HazMat and Tanker endorsements with an acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* Prefer state inspection license.
* High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
* Prefer completion of Heavy Equipment/Diesel Technology program from an accredited vocational or technical school.
* Prefer three years of experience in a related field.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a current Medical Examiner's Certificate as stated in 49 CFR 391.43(h)
* Ability to work with fuel and other petroleum products.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to climb on and off equipment safely.
* Ability to work in shop or field environment and tolerate exposure to dust, welding fumes, exhaust fumes, cold, noise, confined spaces and inclement weather conditions.
* Ability to bend, kneel, or squat to reach repair areas.
* Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.