Transportation Dispatch Supervisor
|Title:||Transportation Dispatch Supervisor|
|Location:||Pleasant Gap (PA)|
Responsible for the management and control of GOH Central Dispatch to include guiding, training, and managing regional Dispatchers and Customer Service Clerks located in Central Dispatch. Assist and support the Director of Transportation by ensuring the safe, efficient, and economical movement of construction materials, as well as any other material transported. This salaried, exempt position will work with indirect supervision.
* Direct, supervise, and manage the operations of GOH Central Dispatch to ensure safe, timely, and cost effective delivery operations.
* Recruit, hire, train, direct the work of, discipline, and terminate regional Dispatchers and Customer Service Clerks located in Central Dispatch.
* Supervise and participate in the reception, processing, and dispatching of orders for both internal and external customers.
* Communicate with the Sales and Construction Departments to maintain customer confidence and satisfaction.
* Set up and monitor truck and driver assignments for fulfillment of company needs.
* Coordinate with the Regional Transportation managers of any issues of delivery effort relative to drivers.
* Prepare reports showing status of delivery operations.
* Ensure full utilization of Command Alkon, Apex and associated vehicle tracking software.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week and non traditional hours including night shift, Saturdays, and occasionally Sundays.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
* State and Federal regulations regarding vehicle weights, rules of the road and hours of service.
* Local, state and federal traffic laws.
* GOH geographical territory.* Microsoft Office software.
* Learn, follow and enforce GOH company policies and procedures.
* Learn Command Alkon, Apex & associated vehicle tracking software.
* Delegate tasks and evaluate the work of others.
* Use computer and related office equipment.
* Learn commercial/logistic software.
* Work in a professional manner in a high stress, fast-paced environment.
* Read and explain maps and directions.
* Obtain weighmaster's license.
* Work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Demonstrate above average organizational, analytical and memory skills to effectively and efficiently handle multiple priorities with short deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have strong data entry, typing and computer skills.
* Prefer a valid driver's license for the state in which you reside with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Associate's Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 2 years of dispatch experience in a construction or transportation environment or 2 years supervisory experience required; candidates with both dispatch & supervisory experience preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year customer service experience required.
* Drug Free Workplace
* Basic Management
* ADA Training
* Command Alkon (as applicable)
* Apex (as applicable)
* Associated vehicle tracking software.
* Constant (67-100%) - Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Constant (67-100%) - Ability to use hands/fingers for typing and filing.
* Constant (67-100%) - Ability to use office equipment such as computers, copiers, telephones, etc.
* Constant (67-100%) - Ability to read PC screens and read normal type sized print.
* Frequently (34-66%) - Talk on telephone and hear telephone conversations.
* Frequently (34-66%) - Ability to work long hours on varied shifts.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Bend, stoop, kneel to file.
* Occasionally (0-33%) - Must be able to lift/carry up to 25 pounds.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications